The pristine wilderness experience that Sabache offers means you will never encounter other tourists during your stay, beyond your fellow guests.
- 8 classic safari tents with tree-shaded decks
- Breathtaking views from guest room verandas
- A natural rock pool overlooking a wildlife watering hole
- Guided game-drives and bush walks
- European and African cuisine
- A private Campsite and outfitter’s shop to equip hikers
Private, traditional safari-style tents with hand-crafted log furniture and natural stonework are found in a valley alongside the dramatic vertical cliff of Mt O’Lolokwe. Each tent has solar power, hot showers, flush toilets and private stone verandas with stunning mountain views.
The camp is surrounded by a network of trails and mountain walks for all abilities. A team of guides is available to help you plan a traditional African sundowner, a picnic breakfast on a mountain ledge at daybreak, or help you explore the mountain trails where you can often see the rare Grevy zebra, gerenuk, oryx, or watch the incredible feat of elephants ascending the mountain trails on their knees and bellies to get to the natural springs at the summit! Visit the nearby “Singing Wells,” an authentic cultural village, or the 3 nearby national parks and local conservancies.
Community owned and operated
Groups Welcome ~ Camping Available ~ Family Friendly!
DINING AT SABACHE
The Elephant Walk restaurant features:
- fresh organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs from our community garden
- local free range chickens supply our eggs meat
- local organic dairy using the highest processing standards
The CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL OF CULINARY ARTS has partnered with our resident chef and chefs-in-training to provide you with cuisine that includes traditional African and safari fare to international specialties such as French pastries, regional Italian specialties, Indian curries, and an array of menus from around the globe. Meals can be served under the stars by the campfire, on your private veranda, a safari picnic, or in The Elephant Walk restaurant.
Join friends at The Flying Rhino pub for refreshments, including a variety of cold sodas, cocktails, and bottled water.